27th International Polar Conference
25.03. – 29.03.2018
This conference will be the next event in the series of polar conferences organized by the German Society for Polar Research (DGP e.V.) every 2.5 years, and will take place at the University of Rostock, the oldest university in the Baltic region. Furthermore, the Hanseatic City of Rostock will hold its 800th anniversary in 2018.
The title of the conference is "Polar Systems Under Pressure" and we will welcome contributions in all fields of polar and high mountain research. It is also planned to address the interested public by evening lectures and further events.
Contributions are welcome in the field of polar and high mountain research covering the following and related topics:
- Cryosphere – Glaciology, Sea Ice, Permafrost
- Geology and Geophysics
- Climate and Atmosphere
- Polar Oceans
- Biological Responses, Acclimation and Adaptation
- Biogeochemical Cycles and Food Webs
- Modern Methods in Polar Research
- Historical and Socio-Economic Aspects
- Report Colloquium of the DFG SPP 1158
- “Cool Classes“: Polar Topics at Schools
See the First Circular for more information on the conference. The deadline for registration and submission of abstracts will be 30 November 2017.
Further details will be published on the DGP website and in the Second Circular by mid-June 2017.