The EU Polar Cluster organised together with KEPLER, EU-PolarNet2, the European Polar Board, CHARTER, iCUPE, JUSTNORTH, SIOS, SO-CHIC, TiPASCCs, British Antarctic Survey, Alfred Wegener Institute and the University of Grenoble the side event ‘Polar Warming, Global Warning’ at the COP26 on the 3rd of November, 2021.
During the event, several experts shared their research and knowledge about the melting of the polar ice sheets and glaciers due to global warming. The speakers elaborated on the effects of rising sea levels for European societies and urged policy makers for ambitious policies to limit global warming.
The session featured speakers:
- Larisa Lorinczi (Policy Officer at the European Comission)
- Ricarda Winkelmann (Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research)
- Nicole Biebow (Alfred Wegener Institue and CHair of the European Polar Board)
- Tamsin Edwards (King's College London)
- Bruno Danis (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
- Frank Pattyn (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
- Jane Francis (Director at the Britisch Antarctic Survey)
Please follow this link for the recording of the event: Polar warming, global warning. - YouTube