The International Arctic Science Committee (IASC), in cooperation with the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS), invites Early Career Scientists (ECS) to apply for the IASC Fellowship Program 2016.
The IASC Fellowship Program is meant to engage ECS in the work of the IASC Working Groups (WGs): Atmosphere, Cryosphere, Marine, Social & Human and Terrestrial. Each year, one Fellow per WG is chosen. IASC Fellows are doctoral or postdoctoral researchers who actively participate in selected activities of the IASC WGs. They are expected to scientifically contribute but also to help organizing specific activities and to coordinate the reporting to the IASC Secretariat. Thus, the Fellowship Program provides the opportunity for ECSs to become involved in leading-edge scientific activities at a circumarctic and international level, to build an international network of contacts and also to develop management skills.
The total duration of the IASC Fellowship Program is 1+2 years. In their first year, selected Fellows will receive travel support to attend two consecutive Arctic Science Summit Weeks (ASSWs) where the annual WG meetings are held. After the first year, Fellows have the opportunity to stay involved for up to 2 more years without dedicated funding support from IASC and the further involvement is individually decided by the WG Steering Group and the Fellow.
For more information please see http://iasc.info/home/iasc/iasc-fellowship-program or contact the IASC Fellowship Coordinator Maja Lisowska: email@example.com.
For this round of applications, interested ECSs have to fulfill the following criteria:
PhD student/candidate or postdoctoral researcher (up to 5 years past the PhD)
- able to commit to participating in the activities of one of the IASC WGs for at least 12 months from March 2016 to April 2017.
- able to attend the two upcoming ASSWs: 12–18 March 2016 in Fairbanks (Alaska, USA) and 31 March -7 April 2017 in Prague (Czech Republic)
- located in an IASC member country (Austria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark / Greenland, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Italy, Japan, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA)
- have a very good command of English
How to apply:
If you are interested in this amazing opportunity then please send us:
- A full CV
- A statement of interest including:
- your research background
- why you are interested in becoming an IASC Fellow
- which IASC WG you would like to join and why you are interested in that particular WG
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 GMT on 15 November 2015. Successful applicants will be notified before the end of the year.