SO-CHIC contest: Create a visualisation / illustration that describes the SO-CHIC project.
Open for submissions: 04 September – 31 October 2022
About SO-CHIC (Southern Ocean Carbon and Heat Impact on Climate): SO-CHIC is an EU-funded project which began in November 2019. To contribute to reducing uncertainties in climate change predictions, the overall objective of SO-CHIC is to understand and quantify variability of heat and carbon budgets in the Southern Ocean through an investigation of the key processes controlling exchanges between the atmosphere, ocean and sea ice using a combination of observational and modelling approaches. More information about SO-CHIC: http://www.sochic-h2020.eu/
The goalof the contest is to get a visualisation / illustration that could be further used for communication purposes. As it is important for SO-CHIC to explain its activities to general public, the aim of the contest is also to find an illustrator willing to further develop illustrations (on a paid basis) about SO-CHIC activities as described in the “work packages” on the website http://www.sochic-h2020.eu/activities/.
Winner: We will announce one winner and 3 runner-ups. The winner of the competition will have their work used and credited throughout the project, and be offered the opportunity to develop further such visualisations for SO-CHIC (on a paid basis).
- The visualisation describes the SO-CHIC project
- The visualisation is creative and easy-to-understand
- There are no restrictions about what to visualize and what technic to use
- The whole visualisation must be designed solely by you
- The visualisation needs to be delivered with high resolution electronic files
- Delivered no later than 31 October 2022.
- By submitting to this contest you are consenting to the use by SO-CHIC and its project partners of all submitted material under a CC-BY license
- We recommend using PNG, JPEG, .ai, pdf and maximum file size 10MB. Get in touch with us if you would like to use different format or file size
- Requirements: Does your submission meet the requirements as stated above?
- Creativity: Does your submission highlight a creative/unique piece of data or process?
- Quality: Does your visualisation clearly explain SO-CHIC science?
Please, send us your visualisation / illustration in chosen format together with your name, country of residence, title of the visualisation on email@example.com . All received visualisations will be anonymously forwarded to the contest committee from SO-CHIC which will evaluate the contest soon after the deadline.
Please, share with anyone who could be interested. We are looking forward to see your visualisations!